Eamonn Holmes’ GB News program received hundreds of complaints about Prince Harry’s comments

Eamonn Holmes’ GB News show, which he hosts with Isabel Webster, has been slapped with hundreds of complaints after comments about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

During an episode of Breakfast with Eamonn and Isabel, which aired on April 20, the hosts were discussing Harry’s latest TV interview. He sat down with Hoda Kotb on NBC’s Today show, where he opened up about his recent visit to the Queen. Harry and his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, paid a private visit to see the monarch and met the Prince of Wales in Windsor earlier this month.

It happened as they flew from their home in the United States on their way to The Hague in the Netherlands where the Invictus Games, hosted by Harry, were taking place. Speaking about meeting the Queen, the 37-year-old prince, who stepped down from royal duties in 2020, said: “Being with her was great, it was so nice to see her, she is in great shape .

READ MORE: Ruth Langsford made the menopause decision after ‘screaming’ at her son and ‘crying like a teenager’

“She always has a great sense of humor with me and I just make sure she’s protected and has the right people around her. was really nice to catch up with her.”

Discussing the interview, the former This Morning host Eamonn fumed: “He’s putting out a book where he fucks Camilla and maybe William and his dad. How the hell…why don’t they just throw it over the top? balcony and her with him?”

The comments quickly received backlash online with Omid Scobie, who co-wrote the book Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of A Modern Royal Family, among those to comment, tweeting that it was a “despicable comment”.

Ofcom has now confirmed that 402 people have made complaints about the April 20 episode. The broadcast watchdog also confirmed to us that the majority of complaints relate to comments made about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.



Eamonn and Isabel on their GB News show

Eamonn quit his role as host on ITV’s This Morning after 15 years in December to join GB News. The Northern Irish TV presenter had hosted the ITV daytime show alongside his wife Ruth Langsford for over a decade. The couple presented the show every Friday until January this year and took over as main hosts over the holidays.

However, there were rumors he was ready after he and Ruth were replaced in the Friday slot by Dermot O’Leary and Alison Hammond in January 2021. Eamonn, whose career spanned 40 years, including 12 to co-present GMTV and 11 years of hosting Sunrise on Sky News, then made the announcement before the end of the year.



Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex

He said at the time: “I’ve spent my career spreading firsts and start-ups, and GB News is one of the most exciting to date. It’s exactly the kind of disruption that the industry needs. I have admired GB News from the start for its clever mix of hard-hitting debates but delivered with warmth and even a bit of fun. For me, the greatest honor in journalism is to give a voice and to respect the strangers, and that’s exactly what GB News is.

Earlier this month, he then told the Manchester Evening News in an exclusive interview: “One of the main reasons I wanted to join GB News was to try to give a voice to viewers across the country. Too many news programs these days get preoccupied with what’s going on in London and forget that there’s a big world outside the capital.”

As he and Isabel had brought the show to Manchester, he added: “That’s why it’s been wonderful meeting and talking to so many people working and living in the city over the past few days. Our focus each morning is simple – ‘shine a light’ on the issues impacting Mancunians.”